Tuesday, April 10, 2012

13 Years Together

As-salam and Hello!



This entry is FIVE DAYS LATE! Last Wednesday, 5 April 2012, I wrote:



It's been 13 years since I got married to the love of my life and be it rain or shine - it's just been AWESOME!  Today, after all these years, I am truly happy that I am married to a person who allows me to grow- who highlights my mistakes and turns them into opportunities to reinforce a better person within me.  I pray that he'll be my definite companion in Jannah, Amin....... 
I meant to blog yesterday, the day of my 13th anniversary, but that didn't prevail and I have to say that I have very blurry memory of what happened yesterday (please do not wonder inexcessively!).  I cooked dinner (it's been ages since I did!) - sambal sotong, udang and kentang goreng kunyit, bayam rebus.....oooolala! - we ate, we watched '30 minit bersama Ustaz Don', then all I could remember is snoozing the alarm clock silent at 6am, 5 April.  I told my hubby that I was convinced that I had unintentionally drugged the whole family!
I remember the day i picked up my baju nikah and the chinese tailor took a look at the calender to see if she was free to attend my wedding.  She said, "Owh! Dalam kalender Cina, hari you mau kahwin ialah "Ee-Yat-Fatt" - 2-1-8.  Meaning aaa....selalu ada duit".  Hah! The sound of 'money', even if only just uttered, it calms the mind.  But, soon after, I was taken aback for I was worried that I had placed trust on a set of numbers, in light of my marital state, Astaghfirullah.....  May ALLAH forgive me.  At present, after all these years, I have come to a point in my life that I submit totally to the notion that trusting ALLAH is the only right thing to do.  ALLAH WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU.  The last 5 years of my life, I may have uttered this many times but comparatively, now, more than ever - I breathe it. 

And this, the state of mind in HIS presence, is the ONLY calming state of mind.  Ee-Yatt-Fatt is officially the blurry past. 

No comments:

Post a Comment